Tuesday, December 14, 2010

WoW - Those projects were good!

After watching all of the wonderful WoW presentations last night, I wanted to give a little feedback after being able to process everything. I also apologize for not having much to say last night due to the fact that my headset was giving me a lot of trouble. Got to love technology when it doesn't do what you want it to =] !

Sheldon - I apologize because I missed a lot of your presentation in trying to fix my computer problem. However, I was lucky enough to view it while we were rehearsing. As I said then, Wonderful! I can't wait to play around with Piknik myself. 

Jeff - I have never heard of Jog the Web so I was very interested in hearing about it. I like that you can limit students to a list of sources that you deem to be valuable. I also liked your discussion about bookmarking. I used Yahoo bookmarks all the time with my students to enable them to visit a specific site that I found and want to share.

Tina - Your project was formatted very well and easy to follow. You made such an important point about using videos to engage students. I think your the video project you are doing with your students about the Civil Way sounds awesome! Creating a video is a great way to synthesize and get to higher levels of meaning!

Kiarra - Technology is a great way to motivate students which can be difficult sometimes. I had mentioned another Jeopardy site - flash jeopardy - check it out. I love using things like this and so do my students! Nice job! Good luck student teaching!

Fran - Your presentation was so through! Your point about being able to speak the students language when it comes to technology is so true. I also liked how you used our project as an example... that's using your head! Sites like Webspiration force kids to be accountable which is so important when they are collaborating.

Kristen - I feel bad that you were so rushed but I think you did a great job despite that! PicLits was very interesting and I have never heard of it before. Although I am a math teacher, I might be able to find some way to use it in my room. The least is that I will tell our ELA teachers about it!

Fantastic job everyone! It was a pleasure to have class with you!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Michelle. I enjoyed our Teaching with Technology class with Dr. Smirnova at Mount Saint Mary College. I learned a lot from her. However, I wanted to also let you know that I learned a lot from you. You must be a FANTASTIC math teacher! You were always patient, kind, resourceful and willing to help any of your classmates. I wish you well and I hope to always keep in touch with you. Be well. May you and your family have a happy, healthy and safe holiday season.

    ReplyDelete