Saturday, November 6, 2010

Using Area and Perimeter in Life

Using Animoto, I created a movie depicting how area and perimeter are used in life. I would use this video as an introduction to a project that my students would participate in. The students would research their own ideas about how area and perimeter are used in life. They would then find their own pictures to represent their ideas. Using those pictures, the students would create their own Animoto videos. The videos would be shared with their classmates.

I enjoyed using Animoto. It was very easy to use. You upload your photos, video clips or text, select music for your video and select a background for your video. One downfall is that the free version only allows you to make a 30 sec. video. There is also no way to insert your voice to narrate the video. So for digital story telling tools, it is good, but I don't think it is the best. I think it would be a good introduction to digital story telling, especially for students who are not very familiar with technology or video creation.

Check out my video and let me know what you think!

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment